So you've installed the Kin app, and you've successfully signed up. Great!
But now you're seeing all these options and nice looking buttons. What do they all mean and do? How do you get started with doing money better together?
When you've signed up for the first time
When you've signed up, you'll land on your My Kins home screen. This is the place you'll get started, and is also the home screen on the Kin app.
- On the top left, you'll find your profile icon. This takes to your profile settings.
- If you're new to Kin, you can create your first Kin here. Once you've created Kins, the home screen is where you'll access them.
- Tapping OVERALL BALANCE at the top, allows you to view your balances with every person that you've invited to a Kin, and have joined.
- You can add expenses directly from the home screen by tapping the big black + button.
- And check out EXPLORE, where you can learn about money things, and a whole lot more.
Your profile screen
Your profile screen is where you go to edit and manage your Kin profile settings.
- Here, you can change your name and profile picture.
- Tell a friend about the Kin app.
- Add (and edit) your bank details to receive payments through the Kin app.
- Also, add (and edit) your card details to make payments through the Kin app.
- Manage your PIN to make those payments securely.
- Manage your push notifications in the app.
- Access Your ideas for Kin, this Help Centre, and Kin support.
- And sign out of the Kin app.
Navigating around your Kins
Your Kins is at the heart of your collaboration with others in the app.
- Here, you can view all activity in the Kin, as well as remind people to settle up, request someone to add their bank details so you can pay them, etc.
- Add transactions (paid and future) in the Kin.
- Settle up with others, or mark their expenses as paid if they've already paid you outside of the Kin app. And if they haven't, remind them to in the nicest possible way.
- Add images to transactions.
- And change future to paid expenses (and vice versa).