As the year draws to a close, we’re ramping up our efforts to make the Kin app simpler, more intuitive and more useful. We’ve been scanning your feedback and observing problems and gaps in the app. Our latest version has a few beefy improvements which we hope will make your life easier.
In this version, here’s what you can expect to see.
- A couple of weeks ago, we mentioned that we were working on automatic updates? Well, they’re here. What that means is that never again will you have to ‘pull down to refresh’. Now whenever someone makes a change in your group, like accepting an invite, adding an expense or settling up, you’ll immediately be able to see it in the app.
- And to go along with it, voila - the new activity feed. Each of your groups now has its own activity feed so you can easily keep track of what’s happened in the group, all in one place. We plan to bulk up the activity feed in the next while so you can do things like make and request payments directly from the activity feed, so keep an eye on it.
- We found that our previous layout was confusing to navigate. People got a bit lost jumping between estimates, paid expenses, balances and payments between people, so we’ve simplified things down and added a group navigation bar. We hope and think you’ll find it much more intuitive, but please let us know what you think!
- It’s now easier to get help if you need it, by tapping the ? button in the top right of your Kin homepage. We have a few different, easy ways so choose what suits you best.
Thanks so much for you feedback and input. It really makes a huge difference and we couldn’t do it without you. Please keep it coming, vote on suggestions you see on the Kinfolk community and make your own requests. We’re listening.
The iOS app is now available on the App Store.
It should make it much easier to install and update the app. Unfortunately this comes with a bit of once-off homework for iPhone users - we have to ask you to uninstall and reinstall your Kin app.
Here's what you need to do:
- Uninstall the Kin app from your phone (don’t worry, you won’t lose any of your data).
Click here to get the latest version direct from the App Store.
Once the app is installed, you will need to sign in. Once you’re in, you should see all your groups as they were.
If you’re not using TestFlight for any other apps, you can also go ahead and uninstall it.
Your app will automatically update, or you can click here to get the latest version.